Plagiarism issue

This morning I checked my threadless link and I saw something like this :

"oh, cool. you like copying Quakerninja?"
"I thought of Quakerninja too"

I was like, who is Quakerninja? so I went to google him, and I found out that he is also a tees designer who participated in Emptees, Threadless, DBH and more. Honestly, when I look at his artworks on Emptees, I too notice the similarity of the style but please, our works are not the same. I do not copy, I hope that people actually take care of others feeling before they do harsh comments. I have pride, a designer's pride. What if I claim that your work is plagiarism when the work is 100% originally from you? This is unbearable.

I was even more pissed when I found out this : Quakerninja stylebite

We are all creative people, we might come out something looks very alike without notice. There are so many designers out there, can you guarantee your artwork is totally different from others? If you thought so, it is just because you haven't get the similar one, and when you found, you couldn't say people copy your work. It's not like people took your artwork and claim that it's theirs. Sharing the similar style doesn't mean copy, what makes you think others wouldn't come out something you can think of?

I respect Quakerninja for his great drawings, and his understanding of the similar style. For the people out there who claim that I copy, the drawings aren't the same, at ALL ! Line is the most basic design element, go back to your design school if they forgot to teach you this.




idiots.

3 comments:

ADORA CHLOE said...

awww... dont worry, at least there are people who believes in you, and at least the quakerninja guy was kind enough to defend you too =)

Unknown said...

bother no more of those idiots. rawr! stereotyping only make them looked like fools. happy cny btw!

e Loe said...

Both are totally different.
Idiots! I doubt their value on art. Two different thingy they said is alike. Ish ish ish!!